This creation was developed in collaboration with the designer Dominique Réol and in the workshops of Georges Pelletier in Cannes.
We find the know-how of Georges Pelletier through the mastery of the shaping of the sculpture in white enamelled ceramic, platinum and gold.
The white powder-coated steel tubes highlight the sculpture of the ceramic artist Georges Pelletier which is swinging.
This shape reminds us of Pompadour dresses, hence the name of this creation.
Georges Pelletier‘s creation is magnetized. It is therefore possible to orient it as you wish and position them on the top or bottom plate so that it swings.
You have the possibility to modify the aesthetics of this creation, so that you never get bored.
The goal is to have a piece of furniture that is at the same time beautiful, useful and brings a touch of humor in your interior.
The piece is delivered with the certificate of authenticity.
This creation is exhibited at 98 rue Lepic in the 18th arrondissement of Paris and in New York in the space dedicated to the creations of Atelier Pelletier at Studio Van Den Akker in the DDB Building on third avenue.
Antoine Jourdan was awarded the 2019 Design of the Year award.
Georges Pelletier is a ceramist and French artist born on October 9, 1938 in Brussels in the municipality of Schaerbeek.
Georges Pelletier began his ceramist training at the age of fourteen at the Pioulier School in Vence, founded by Célestin Freinet. This school teaches a free and modern art for its time. This training allowed him from a very young age to build a unique artistic identity.
He arrived in Paris in 1953 at the age of 15. Very happy to discover many art exhibitions, he learns a lot by visiting museums and various galleries. From 1954 to 1956 he trained in drawing at the Charpentier Academy and prepared the competition of the School of Crafts. Very curious, he listens attentively to the artistic advice of his older friends.
Occasionally, he goes to the studio of the artist Fernand Léger, where he presents his work to the studio director and trains himself in drawing.
At the age of sixteen, in 1956, he returned to the craft school. To perfect his know-how, he worked in Claude Pantzer’s studio. Workshop where the architect and designer Charlotte Perriand work the ceramics for these different projects.
During the school holidays he integrates the poteries of Accolay. He created new models that were very successful and met the ceramist Raphael Giarusso with whom he later shared a workshop for a year.
In 1961 he opened his first studio in Paris, where he created his first unique pieces. He is spotted by Bobois House for his talent. That’s why he became a supplier of Bobois lighting collections from 1961 to 1973. He dedicates his studio to the creation of lighting for this large house and for living rooms where he exhibits his sculptures and lamps that are sold with lampshades made by Pierre Ménard from fabrics of the House Roche Bobois.
In 1973 he decided to go south to Cannes, where he set up a new workshop where he is still active and continues to work. Today Georges Pelletier is a world renowned artist.
– RÉVÉLATION SALON 2022: Exhibition for the International Biennial of Crafts and Creation with Maison Tournaire and Antoine Jourdan from June 9 to 12 at the Grand Palais Éphémère.
– GSTAAD – “Soleil d’hiver” exhibition in Switzerland in Gstaad, at Patricia Low’s in her magical space, Caravan Gstaad and in her gallery, from December 17, 2021.
– KNOKKE – Exhibition “Originally” in Belgium, in Knokke from August 4 to September 30 at Passe Simple Vintage Gallery: Zandstraat 18, 8300 Knooke.
– LOS ANGELES – Permanent showroom of the creations of Georges Pelletier and the furniture we make together, at Studio Van Den Akker in Los Angeles in the PDC Building, since June 2021.
– NEW YORK – Permanent showroom of the creations of Georges Pelletier and the furniture we make together, at Studio Van Den Akker in New York on Third Avenue in the DDB Building, since June 2021.
– ATLANTA – Permanent exhibition of Georges Pelletier’s creations at The Drawing Room ATL Gallery in Atlanta since the end of December 2020. The first exhibition of Georges Pelletier’s creations in the United States.
– IBIZA – Permanent exhibition of Georges Pelletier’s creations since August 6, 2020 at the Galeria Tambien, in Ibiza.
– BRUXELLES – On the occasion of the 25th edition of the Brussels Design Market, Georges Pelletier is the guest of honor of this event; an exhibition of his works is dedicated to him.
– CONSORTIUM MUSEUM – From February 21, 2016 to June 5, 2016, exhibition at the Consortium Museum in Dijon where he presents various works: The almanac 16 Georges Pelletier.