A mixt of solid wood, steel and ceramic.
We find all the know-how of Georges Pelletier through mastering the shaping of ceramics and precious materials (gold and platinum).
Square from the outside but not from the inside. The foot of the “Levitation” table rolls up, advancing over time.
Anchored in the ground, its two legs support both the table and the ground, symbolizing a moving world that does not always move in the right direction.
Everything is made in France, near to Saint-Etienne and in the workshops of Georges Pelletier in Cannes.
A mix of powder coated steel in matt black, solid oak treated with natural linseed oil and Georges Pelletier‘s famous ceramics.
It is possible to adapt this furniture to the dimensions you want.
The piece is delivered with its certificate of authenticity.s by Georges Pelletier.
The design imagined by Antoine Jourdan, was awarded the Design of the year award 2019.
Georges Pelletier began his ceramist training at the age of fourteen at the Pioulier School in Vence, founded by Célestin Freinet. This school teaches a free and modern art for its time. This training allowed him from a very young age to build a unique artistic identity.
He arrived in Paris in 1953 at the age of 15. Very happy to discover many art exhibitions, he learns a lot by visiting museums and various galleries. From 1954 to 1956 he trained in drawing at the Charpentier Academy and prepared the competition of the School of Crafts. Very curious, he listens attentively to the artistic advice of his older friends.
Occasionally, he goes to the studio of the artist Fernand Léger, where he presents his work to the studio director and trains himself in drawing.
At the age of sixteen, in 1956, he returned to the craft school. To perfect his know-how, he goes to Claude Pantzer’s studio. During the school holidays he integrates the poteries of Accolay. He created new models that were very successful and met the ceramist Raphael Giarusso with whom he later shared a workshop for a year.
In 1961 he opened his first studio in Paris, where he created his first unique pieces. He is spotted by Bobois House for his talent. That’s why he became a supplier of Bobois lighting collections from 1961 to 1973. He dedicates his studio to the creation of lighting for this large house and for living rooms where he exhibits his sculptures and lamps that are sold with lampshades made by Pierre Ménard from fabrics of the House Roche Bobois.
In 1973 he decided to go south to Cannes, where he set up a new workshop where he is still active and continues to work. Today Georges Pelletier is a world renowned artist.
– GSTAAD – “Soleil d’hiver” exhibition in Switzerland in Gstaad, at Patricia Low’s in her magical space, Caravan Gstaad and in her gallery, from December 17, 2021.
– KNOKKE – Exhibition “Originally” in Belgium, in Knokke from August 4 to September 30 at Passe Simple Vintage Gallery: Zandstraat 18, 8300 Knooke.
– LOS ANGELES – Permanent showroom of the creations of Georges Pelletier and the furniture we make together, at Studio Van Den Akker in Los Angeles in the PDC Building, since June 2021.
– NEW YORK – Permanent showroom of the creations of Georges Pelletier and the furniture we make together, at Studio Van Den Akker in New York on Third Avenue in the DDB Building, since June 2021.
– ATLANTA – Permanent exhibition of Georges Pelletier’s creations at The Drawing Room ATL Gallery in Atlanta since the end of December 2020. The first exhibition of Georges Pelletier’s creations in the United States.
– IBIZA – Permanent exhibition of Georges Pelletier’s creations since August 6, 2020 at the Galeria Tambien, in Ibiza.
– BRUXELLES – On the occasion of the 25th edition of the Brussels Design Market, Georges Pelletier is the guest of honor of this event; an exhibition of his works is dedicated to him.
– CONSORTIUM MUSEUM – From February 21, 2016 to June 5, 2016, exhibition at the Consortium Museum in Dijon where he presents various works: The almanac 16 Georges Pelletier.